The UCONN Nutrition Club
This student-led organization promotes student participation in nutrition-related activities for the purpose of furthering nutrition knowledge, promoting healthful living, and enhancing career development. It provides an excellent opportunity to reach out to the campus and community, as well as to promote leadership training. Activities include National Nutrition Month tabling events, dining hall events, volunteering at an afterschool program in Willimantic, collaborating with the Kidney Disease Screening and Awareness Program to conduct free screening events, participation in professional meetings and MANY more! We welcome ALL UConn students, regardless of their major area of study. We cater our meetings to direct our members, always taking into consideration what members want to see the club get involved in!
When you meet
We meet every other Thursday starting in September/January.
For time and locations, please visit contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Instagram at @uconnnutritionclub, or join our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/127825643953014/
Why you should get involved
If anyone of the following describes you, check out the Nutrition Club:
- You have an interest in food and nutrition
- You want to participate in on and off-campus nutrition-related volunteer opportunities
- You want to increase your professional development
- You want to assume a leadership position
- You want to join a community of like-minded nutrition enthusiasts
- If you are a Nutritional Sciences major looking to get more involved with the department and hear firsthand about research opportunities
- You want to build your resume with volunteer and professional experience
- You want to attend a Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annual meeting with other club members
Club dues are $10.00 per semester and membership is open to all UCONN students.
- National Nutrition Month Student Union tabling
- Hartford Marathon Nutrition Village tableling
- Village Heights After School Snack Program
- Spring Bake/Basket Sale Fundraiser
- Grocery Store Dietitian Volunteering and Shadowing
- Build Your Own: Grain Bowl, Smoothie Bowl, Bruschetta - dining hall collaborations
- Kidney Disease Screening and Awareness Program - Free screening events
- Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Spring Meeting
Please contact at email@example.com for more information.